The exchange is one of the oldest virtual currency platforms.
Why the feds took down one of Bitcoin’s largest exchanges - The Verge
This article is more than 3 years old. Alexander Vinnik being led into a Greek court. Samuel Gibbs and agencies.
- anniversaire bitcoin!
- electrum hard fork bitcoin gold;
- BTC-e Owner Arrested for Laundering Stolen Bitcoin, Ransomware Payments.
- free bitcoin sinhala 2021!
- btc yi kim buldu!
- BTC-e cryptocurrency founder Alexander Vinnik jailed for laundering funds | Zee Business.
- transfer bitcoin to pounds.
Thu 27 Jul Head of Mt Gox bitcoin exchange on trial for embezzlement and loss of millions. Gox cryptocurrency exchange platform. A group of Bitcoin security specialists calling themselves WizSec published the results of an investigation that shows Vinnik's involvement in laundering the Mt. Gox files.
WizSec said they shared their findings with authorities but is unclear at the moment if their work led to the suspect's arrest. WizSec also believes Vinnik was involved in laundering money from other hacked cryptocurrency exchanges — Bitcoinica, Bitfloor, and some other currently unnamed platforms.
- free bitcoin watch video!
- BTC-e owner arrested for stealing bitcoins and laundering Ransomware payments.
- Tesla launches second $5 billion share sale since September.
- BTC-e Operator Vinnik Sentenced to 5 Years - CoinDesk.
- BTC-e cryptocurrency founder Alexander Vinnik jailed for laundering funds!
- 'Criminal mastermind' of $4bn bitcoin laundering scheme arrested | E-commerce | The Guardian.
- live btc to aud.
In addition, the DOJ indictment also claims Vinnik's BTC-e platform allowed ransomware operators to convert Bitcoin into fiat currency and cash-out their illegal activities. The indictment mentions that BTC-e was used to launder funds from the CryptoWall ransomware infrastructure. In total, 34 families, and over , binaries.
Greek police arrested Vinnik on Tuesday in a seaside village in the country's northern region. US authorities have requested his extradition. Authorities also seized electronic equipment that is now being analyzed for more evidence. Vinnik faces a combined maximum sentence of up to 35 years in prison, along with various fines. Yesterday, after news of Vinnik's arrest came to light in Greek media, BTC-e went down for maintenance.
The platform said in a statement it would come back online in five to ten days. GandCrab ransomware affiliate arrested for phishing attacks. FatFace sends controversial data breach email after ransomware attack.
Microsoft: Black Kingdom ransomware group hacked 1. It's good to hear that the bad apples of BitCoin get picked up and we can finally use it as normal people without feeling shady. Not a member yet?
Register Now. To receive periodic updates and news from BleepingComputer , please use the form below. Windows Repair All In One. Malwarebytes for Mac. Learn more about what is not allowed to be posted. July 27, AM 2.